Friday, March 27, 2015

Romp and Roll!


This L.A. heat has called for less.  A LOT less...

I came across this beautiful romper at Zara, days before my birthday wanting to "treat myself" and I thought, why not make it my birthday suit?  Haha, literally.  I completely fell in love with the print especially the warped nude, floral-like design with the navy color underneath, making it more than just a simple playsuit.  It's not very clear in the images but both the sleeves and the bottoms flared out giving it more of a 70's vibe which is making it's comeback if you haven't already noticed!  The back is what sold me!  I had this beautiful lace bralette my sister gave me a few months ago that I knew would go perfectly with this romper...



I also paired this cute little number with a faux, ZARA leather jacket and matching ZARA black heels w/straps around the ankles.  Because the print and the silhouette of the romper is so strong, I wanted to tone down the loud print by using solid pieces--usually black--to make it easier on the eye.  I lean towards black just because it's a great neutral color that goes well with other colors and also creates a slimming effect.



Little did I know that I was going to part with it sooner than I had intended.  Few days after I had downloaded the Poshmark app, a platform where anyone can sell/purchase new or used clothes, I posted my beloved romper thinking it would take months to sell, but I was wrong. 


While I no longer have to worry about those awkward moments in the bathroom wrestling to get in and out of the romper and squatting on the toilet half-naked or in my birthday suit--I will miss it.  Perhaps I have detachment issues, but I took this opportunity to let go of the old and use my earnings to update my wardrobe without having too much clutter in my closet!  Fashion is always changing so why not change with the times, right?  

Interested in what other items I'm selling, click here or find my Poshmark closet (@LinaChen)!

Printed Zara Romper (Similar here and here)
Zara Heels (Similar here and here)
Zara Trafaluc Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment