Sunday, March 9, 2014

PATTERN PLAY














I recently went to Diane Von Furstenbergs' (DVF) Journey of a Dress exhibit which was located on the grounds of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). Free for everyone to see, I decided to check it out.  In order to get there you must walk past the urban lamp posts and off to the left, you'll see big red pillars leading to the building.  The door is quite hidden and the location of it may seem off, but once you enter in, it's like a whimsical maze filled with colorful floors and patterned walls!  These eye-popping backgrounds alone make it worth the trip!  It's also interesting to see the changes DVF made to all the wrap dresses throughout the 40 years. These were subtle changes but kept the timeless look.

My favorite part of this whole journey is the self-realization that I, too, am confident that someday my pieces will be displayed for the world to see my accomplishments.  From DVF's standpoint, this is a part of her life's work that she's sharing and celebrating with the world, but on a more intimate level.  Cheers DVF for achieving this great milestone!  You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment