Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Perfect Afternoon at Newport Beach


Here are quick snapshots from my iPhone the day I explored Newport Beach.  This reminded me of how the simple things in life--palm trees, sunsets, and just the ocean breeze--can be so refreshing especially when you are living in the City or caught in the day to day activities.  It's always nice to set aside some time for yourself to explore new places because you never know what you might find! 

For me, Newport Beach is the first time I've ever seen a dolphin out in the open sea!  Just seeing this magnificent creature in its natural habitat surprised me since 3/4 of the earth is made of the ocean and the world below this vast ocean keeps it unknown from the world above.  





Cute little set up at the Beach Ball


Fisherman's Platter which encompasses fried fish, shrimp, and oysters!


I'm a foodie at heart and so when I discovered Fly 'N' Fish Oyster and Bar, I was one happy girl especially since I was able to try Cioppino for the very first time!  
Fun Fact: Cioppino is a seafood dish that originated in San Francisco! It's traditionally made with crab, scallops, shrimp, clams, mussels, calamari, and the catch of the day! The seafood is then put into a tomato/wine-based stew and served with a toasted, seasoned baguette!  A must if you have not tried it!  I also have a Yelp account, feel free to add me there! (www.linachen.yelp.com/)

Ciao!
Lina Chen



No comments:

Post a Comment