Saturday, January 18, 2014

Casual Encounters

For today's post I wanted to incorporate two favorite things I'd like to share with you.  The first, of course, is fashion.  Fashion expresses who you are, but it's food that keeps us energetic throughout the day!  Life is short to eat bland foods and wear boring clothes.  Hopefully you will agree.

So here's a fun fact:  I'm an avid Yelper and today was actually my second time attending a Yelp event (First Yelp Elite event though!).  Often times Yelp allows Yelpers to bring plus ones so that it's not as intimidating when you first walk in; however, this one didn't allow us to bring anyone so only those brave enough to meet new people on a whim were the ones that came.  Challenge accepted.


I won't go too much into detail about the food; however, if you are interested to find out more about Live Basil and Smashburger, both founded in Denver, Colorado, I suggest you check it out and dig in!  As far as my favorites?  The Hot One from Live Basil and the Truffle or Chicken Burger from Smashburger!  Feel free to friend me too (click here)! 



Now the question is, what do I wear to an event where I would meet new and exciting foodies just like me but not something that would scream "Jesus, is this girl lost?"  I knew immediately I wanted to wear heels.  My new Zara's?  Hell yeah, but the occasion wasn't right for it so I opted out with these braided beauties instead.  


I was probably one of the taller individuals at the event, but who cares!  I wore them tall and proud!  I paired them up with some denims and rolled up the bottoms to my ankles allowing me to show off my heels.  My oversized T-shirt with armholes the size of manholes exposed my sports bra and the sides of my body.  Because I knew I would immediately attract men from each and every direction (kidding), I made sure to keep myself looking decent by wearing a thrifted jean jacket.  Add a scarf, little bit of gold jewelry and a crocheted hat, and I was good to go.



Not bad for waking up late and getting ready in 10 minutes if I do say so myself. :)

Until next time,

Lina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment