Monday, July 8, 2013

Palm Leaves





I LOVE night markets!  Especially the ones in Taiwan!  I remember going to the infamous Shilin Night Market trying greasy, cheap foods and surpassing tiny vendors selling necessities for the locals and small souvenirs for foreigners.  The lively nightlife contributed to the experience and I miss it a lot!  Let me tell you, those were the good times!  

L.A. has a take on their own night market called the 626 Night Market.  It doesn't compare to the ones in Asia since it's more of an event, but it's wonderful to see that L.A.'s Asian community is trying to introduce it here in the U.S. 

This years 626 Night Market was held at the Santa Anita race tracks, a little distant from last years location, Old Town Pasadena, but overcrowding wasn't an issue according to a few friends of mine.  I attempted to go last  year, but by the time my friends and I got there the vendors ran out of food.  This time around they were prepared!  The sad part is is that I didn't even get a chance to try ANYTHING!  What a bummer, huh?  The foodie in me was disappointed, but I opted out for a pineapple smoothie instead.    Was feeling a bit tropical that day.  Now looking back on it, it's funny to see that my palm leave-patterned skirt reflects that mood!  

Oh if only I was on those crystal clear beaches in Hawaii...  

Anyways, the 626 Night Market rolls around the beginning of summer, so if you missed it this year, definitely aim for next years event!

Until next time!

<3 Lina Chen


Stone Bracelet - Kohl's 
Sleeveless Top - Friend's Closet
Belt - Forever 21 (Similar here)
Beige Cardigan - Mom's Closet
Purse - Dooney & Bourke (Similar here)
Skirt - H&M (Similar here)


No comments:

Post a Comment