Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Koi

I came across this beautifully silk-printed top at Zara.  My eyes were set on the design of it, mirroring on both sides.  The vibrant colors and the placement of the extraordinary artwork only drew my interest even more.






If you look carefully you'll see Koi fish swimming along the waistline.  I've seen these beautiful carps swimming in botanic gardens and once in a friend's backyard.  I have to admit the shirts design doesn't compare to what I've seen in real life but that's expected.  Natures beauty reigns over anything that's artificially made.

According to Japanese culture, the koi fish represents affection, love, and friendship.  So I'm sure its common for someone to receive these little fishies as gift.  Afterall, I wouldn't mind someone handing me a fishbowl with a bright blue koi!  BUUTTTT for the sake of the koi's life I think I'll have to stick with this shirt.  :)

Anyways, I hope all of you guys have a wonderful 4th of July tomorrow!


<3 Lina Chen

For those of you who have instagram you can follow me at Linalacouturier!  See you there!

Top - Zara
Flats - Zara (Exact pair here)
Shorts - Express (Similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment