Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising

It hit me this morning--I'm finally going to back to school!  FASHION SCHOOL!!!  It's something that I've been contemplating on doing since my sophomore year at CU Boulder.  At the time I wasn't sure if it was a smart move to transfer over to FIDM so instead I ended up just getting my BA in Marketing and Management.  I don't particularly regret my decision.  Being a part of the fashion group on campus sparked my interest in becoming a designer.  I'm not sure if I would have ever taken the initiative on my own to become a designer either, but who knows.  Either way everything worked out.  Plus, it's never too late to go back and get more education.  After all, life is all about continuous learning.   

Ever since my acceptance to FIDM last year, I've been struggling to get back in to school.  From what I've learned in the process of all this--trying to finalize school--is that sometimes you really need help from other people to better further your life.  Having that support system whether it's financially or mentally is needed to get where you want to go in life, so don't be afraid to ask for help from those who can.  Be persistant too.  That alone is the reason why I will be doing what I love to do--design.

<3 Lina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment