Wednesday, May 22, 2013

City of Angels


The last few days I spent in K-Town before coming to Colorado, I came across this mural with wings floating against an orange background, in need of a human body to complete it's vision.  As I stood there, I reflected the previous year and how much has changed so suddenly--the good and bad.

About a year ago I moved out to Los Angeles to pursue my dreams.  I have to admit, I took some time off to explore new and exciting things SoCal had to offer!  I mean, who wouldn't?  There's so much more to do and see...I really couldn't help myself.  What's even better is the new relationships I've built during my stay in California (which only made the experience 10x better!).  Strangely enough, I knew that I was destined to be there at some point in my life.  And voila I still am!

I have to admit, It's great to back in Denver.  The air is cleaner, the people are nicer, and traffic...well, let's say traffic isn't as bad here compared to L.A.  It's great to see old friends and catching up with what's been happening in their lives.  It seems that nothing has really changed.

One thing is apparent though--I've changed.

I've come to terms that the City of Angels is my new home.  Ironically, the image I took days before my trip back to Denver symbolizes that I've officially become an Angeleno.  It's interesting to reflect back and see how much I've grown and am still growing...

Lina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment