Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Artistic Flow

It's so difficult to motivate myself to design on a daily basis especially since living life can get in the way at times.  For most of you who don't know, designing takes up a lot of your time and in most cases, you'll have to sacrifice one thing or another.  I admit, I sacrificed fashion design to experience life:  trying new foods, picked up photography, venture out and discover the world around me, enjoy my time with friends and my lover, Eric.  It's trying to find that balance that's tricky for me but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I haven't really made anything for so long that this past Sunday, I thought I'd sit down and make use of my hands and design by winging it.  So far I'm impressed with myself!  I'm actually proud to see that I still have that artistic flow even if I'm not as determined as I once was before.  Honestly, I dislike patterning, it takes too much time and effort and when you don't have the right materials at hand, it's harder to make things perfectly the way you want it to.  So I went ahead and draped these two garments and it turned out absolutely beautiful and chic.  Just the way I like it.  On the plus side, both these garments fit me so I have something new in my closet!  Guess that's the good thing about being a designer too right?  


Ahh, I cannot wait the day when I'm known for my designs.  All this hard work, so much of it but at the same time it's very rewarding and therapeutic.



Hi, my name is Lina Chen and I'm a fashion designer who wants to continuously perfect my craft.

<3 Lina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment