Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Target + Neiman Marcus Collab

If you haven't already noticed there have been a couple collaborations lately with high-end designers and retailers targeted to the masses who may not have access to these luxuries.  Versace for H&M was the very first partnership I noticed.  From there on, Target's worked with Missoni, Jason Wu, and now with the luxury specialty department store, Neiman Marcus! 

This has been old news for me; however for some of you reading this for the first time it'll be a treat.  If brands don't mean anything to you, then that's totally fine but A LOT of the items are pretty darn cute.  What's even better is that ALL the items that Target + Neiman Marcus collaborated on is on sale!  SALE!!!  I was shocked to see all of the outrageous prices for some of the items before the sale price, but now there's no guilt behind spending $50 on a Alice + Olivia striped luggage compared to the retail price of $200 which I painstakingly have done... Oh Lina.

I have to admit, I've actually gone to the store to take a closer look at the items and some aren'ts of great quality, but there are some things that I would highly recommend getting if...
  1. You have a beautiful darling daughter...


    These dresses are designed by Marchesa, one of my favorite designers.  Marchesa designs elegant pieces that have a feminine touch to it.  The pink dress is cute, but the white one is the one that I would get for my baby girl if I had one.

  2. Travel often...


    The Alice + Olivia luggage is quirky and fun.  The black and white stripes make the luggage stand out from all others.  What I loved most about this luggage is the hints of lime green and also the bright blue lining on the inside.  Alice + Olivia really put in a lot of details as far as making this travel luggage pop!  Oh yeah, they have seperate bags for your laundry, shoes, glasses, and other misc items.  Well thought out Alice + Olivia.

  3. Like to highly differentiate yourself when giving gifts...


    This Rodarte wrapping paper is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  I'm not quite sure exactly what the image is on the wrapping paper but it looks like a picture of a full moon.  It's basically wrapping a present with a poster, but posters can be quite costly.  I don't think they have any more of this wrapping paper in stock (because it is that awesome) but if you see one in store, make sure you grab one before it's gone!  Definitely a chic way of gift-giving!

  4. Are willing to spend $15 for three ornaments...


    Okay, okay--this right here is kind of expensive, but the reason why it's on my list is because the quality of these ornaments are solid in my book.  I've seen a lot of cheap ornaments on a lot of Christmas trees before so if you want something that looks a bit more on the classIER side, consider getting these beauts.  Since this set only comes in a box of three, you would have to get multiple sets... If you only plan on getting one, then think about getting a teeny, tiny Christmas tree. :)

  5. Bake religiously....


    These are too cute.  I mean where else would you find bow-tie cookie cutters?  While you are at it, might as well shape some cookie dough into a mustache and have a little fun with your baked goods!

  6. Appreciate design and structure...


    The Skaist-Taylor vest would be my go-to piece for a weekend night out to with the boyfriend.  A pair of skinny jeans, long sleeves scrunched up to the elbows, a gold watch with some bracelets, booties, and a dark medium-sized purse with top handles would look pretty fabulous, don't you think?  Yeah, me too. 
Just a few of my favorite things.

If you can't wait to go to the store, you can also purchase these items on www.target.com and www.neimanmarcus.com.


<3,

Lina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment