Monday, July 23, 2012

Pretty Girly in Pink

If you saw the pictures from last night's Bridal shower, then you've probably already seen my outfit, but here's a close up and details of the outfit itself.

 

If you know me all too well, I don't do well with pink.  I grew up in Tommy Hilfiger jeans (yes, I know) and random t-shirts my mother would find in her closet.  Blue is my favorite color and I used to collect Pokemon cards.  I remember I'd play flag football in 3rd grade with a few of my guy friends; we ended up calling ourselves the Tennessee Titans.  Now I don't know anyone else but the Broncos and the more well-known teams like the Green Bay Packers and the Spurs.  I still love the color blue, but I've given up my jeans for shorts and shirts for dresses.  

I found this pink dress, originally my sisters, in my closet.  I somehow come up with the most creative pairings last minute.  I hate that feeling of "Oh my God, what am I going to wear" but somehow it flows naturally within the last hour or so before an important event.  I ended up pairing this light pink, sheer, polka-dotted shirt with the overwhelming bright pink halter top with ruffles from Express.  To keep a clean look, I kept the hem of the shirt hidden beneath the wide belt I recently bought when I was in Maryland.  This outfit sort of reminds me of this blog entry where I talk about the soft colors of Versace's Fall 2012 Couture collection.  It's not as delicate as Versace's line, but soft enough for me.  

<3,

Lina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment