Sunday, November 6, 2011

To My Sister

I love you.

It was 21 years ago when I became a big sister, your sister.  I’m sure I would have enjoyed being an only child, spoiled and loved by both omma (mom) and appa (dad), but I’m grateful that they decided to conceive you, my best friend and my one and only sibling.  There are many times when I'm frustrated by your attitude, how selfish you can be, and how reckless you are, and there are probably some attributes I possess that irritate you too, but that's what sisters do--we butt heads.  We fight, we apologize, and we get over it.  Our differences is what makes us stronger.  


What I've learned by being your older sister is that patience is important.  I've built mine throughout time to become a better sister.  And when both omma and appa don't understand, I will.  




There were many times when I was put in a position where I had to choose between being a better daughter or a sister.  Even through these difficult decisions, I will always stick up for you (with a few exceptions).  



I don’t remember the day you were born or our early childhood moments, but I do cherish all the memories I have of us while growing up:




Although you are now officially an adult, you are still my baby sister.  I will always be protective of you but it is out of love.  You only deserve the best little one<3




HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY ANNA<3

<3,
Unnie

No comments:

Post a Comment