Monday, November 28, 2011

Little Red Dress

Here is the little dress that I've been working on mid-November for a client.



I thought it turned out beautifully, but unfortunately there were a lot of problems that I kept running into while making adjustments to it.  In the process of putting the dress together only made me wish I possessed the skills to truly make a flawless garment especially because this was my first client.  Unfortunately, I still have to go through trial and error, rip out the seams, and restitch the garment hoping that the dress would turn out better than before.  That and raising the bar for myself higher than I can really reach only disappointments me and I wonder if I am cut out to be a "designer."

I realized I am no seamstress.  I have creative ideas.  But how can I call myself a designer if I feel like I can't even sew properly?


Confessions of a designer. 

<3,
Lina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment